Friday 26 September 2014

Wirksworth Festival 2014

On Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th September 2014 I participated in Wirksworth Festival’s Art and Architecture Trail. My venue was in a very attractive Victorian house on the edge of the town. When hanging my work I wanted to consider and work with the domestic space, trying not to alter or move the placed house hold objects or ‘knick-knacks’ and instead respond to these personal features.

The Harlequin, a painting enlarged and printed onto shantung silk, was the first time that I had used this medium- digital printing. By presenting the work as a wall hanging I wanted to make reference to current research that I have began to undertake into the crossover of textile design and Modernist aims. This includes the Omega Workshops and the Vorticists in Britain, Sonia Delaunay-Terk in France, the Constructivist, Liubov Popova and Pablo Picasso (from mid 20th Century).

See below for installation photographs of the work that I exhibited at Wirksworth Festival.


(From left to right) Trapeze (top), Up! (bottom), 2014, acrylic and oil on board, 
 Rotating Shape- Side II, 2013, acrylic on cardboard


 Rotating Shape- Side I, 2013, acrylic paint on cardboard


 (Left to right) Leaning Octagon, 2014, watercolour on paper, The Harlequin, 2014, printed shantung silk


 (Left to right) Kite I, Demi-horizontal, Extendable Frame, Points, 2014, gouache on paper, Monument, 2013, acrylic and oil on linen, Conical (Tents),  2014, found objects on dot and cross patterned paper


 Demi-horizontal (top), Kite I (bottom), 2014, gouache on paper


Kite I, 2014, gouache on paper, Conical (Tents), 2014, found objects on dot and cross patterned paper


Conical (Tents), 2014, found objects on dot and cross patterned paper, Monument, 2014, acrylic and oil on linen


Monument, 2014, acrylic and oil on linen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.